Bart Bailey, MBA (he/him/his)
A highly trained and certified executive, business and leadership coach, Bart leverages his impressive corporate experience of creating success with his ability to connect to the heart of the matter to ignite change with individuals, teams, and communities. His commitment to empowering people to fully step into their passion and purpose is at the heart of his success.
He combines his 25 years of corporate experience leading diverse functions including Cross-functional Service teams (Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Customer Accounting, and Planning) and all aspects of manufacturing from managing raw goods to delivery of the finished product, utilizing LEAN thinking and proven practices to support his teams to achieve high-value results.
His work has consistently improved engagement, employee satisfaction, safety, and customer satisfaction. Courage to Care is committed to leveraging Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to foster Belonging and minimize Othering.
• Facilitated Unconscious Bias & Cultural Competency workshops for several organizations: UC Berkeley (MBA & EMBA students), Lehigh Valley Health Network’s (Pediatric residents), Verizon, New York Presbyterian, Nielsen, Rockwell Automation, North Western Mutual, St. Gobain, ADP, Kellogg’s, CareFirst, Eyer Middle School, Lehigh Valley Martial Arts, Hillside, and Nonprofit Prince George’s County, just to name a few.
• Bailey was an Adjunct Professor at William James College in Newton, Massachusetts. He developed and administered curriculum for the course “Leadership and Use of Self”.
• Bailey serves on two family advisory councils at two children’s hospitals.
• Serves on Lehigh Valley’s Health Network’s Cultural Awareness Leadership Council.
• Member of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce’s African American Business Leader’s Council.
• Chairs the Scholarship committee for the Alpha Mu Nu Chapter of Omega Psi Phi.
• Member of the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH).
• Facilitated workshops for the Allentown Police department in the area of Unconscious Bias and worked with the police and community to improve relationships between the two.
• Facilitated workshops with middle school students in the area of understanding self, compassion, and empathy.
Career Achievements (May 1990 – Present)
Bailey recently served as a consultant with CookRoss, the premier organization in the space of nDiversity and Inclusion. He was responsible for facilitating workshops and cultivating deep relationships with their clients/partners. While at CookRoss, he participated in all aspects of client engagement as it relates to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) to foster Belonging while minimizing Othering.
Currently, Bailey is the Owner and Principal consultant of Courage to Care, LLC. This work leverages Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (JEDI) to foster Belonging and minimize Othering.
Bailey brings over 25 years of leadership and working with people into the way he coaches and facilitates. His experiences give him the ability to navigate in uncomfortable spaces to create the safe container for generative dialogue that values humanity.
Bailey began his professional career as a district manager for Jersey Central Power for 12 years, and then worked as an assistant branch manager for GCS Service, a division of Ecolab in Brooklyn, N.Y., before working for the Harley Davidson Motor Company, Alcoa, and PPL Electric Utilities. Bailey has focused his career on developing and improving employee motivation and safety behavior, Lean thinking, constructive culture, change management, and community relations.